- Be able to explain the benefits of the MEF CE 2.0 Services and Equipment certification program defined defined in the CE 2.0 Certification Blueprint, and the requirements for participating in the MEF Certification programs.
- Demonstrate mastery of key service requirements for target Carrier Ethernet service applications (wholesale access, Ethernet access to IP, mobile backhaul, retail Ethernet services) and select specific service types and capabilities to meet the requirements of a given application scenario
- Be able to compare and position Carrier Ethernet services against layer 2 Frame Relay, IP/MPLS and TDM private line telecommunications services.
- Understand Circuit Emulation over Ethernet and be able to describe the MEF recommendations for Ethernet services designed to carry legacy circuits over a Carrier Ethernet Network
- Be able to explain the MEF's CE 2.0 Ethernet services and the specific documents that form the basis for the next generation of Carrier Ethernet.
MEF is the driving force enabling agile, assured, and orchestrated Third Network services for the digital economy and the hyper-connected world.
We spotlight new, hot items of interest related to MEF 3.0, Lifecycle Services Orchestration (LSO), and work taking place on Open Initiatives.
The MEF Technical & Operations Committee has published 55 technical specifications and implementation agreements to effect standardization, interoperability and accelerate...
The MEF's Professional Certification program identifies the industry's leading professionals and showcases expertise and excellence in technological knowledge and ...
The MEF Services Certification Program enables service providers to certify that their Carrier Ethernet services comply with the highest industry standards
The MEF Equipment Certification Program enables network equipment manufacturers to certify that their Carrier Ethernet products comply with the relevant MEF specifications...
MEF hosts webinars on a variety of topics related to its Third Network vision, LSO, SDN and NFV.
Our Seminars focus on exciting MEF-led industry initiatives to build a global ecosystem of connected networks supporting orchestration of dynamic services ...
MEF is please to host the MEF18 global networking event, 29 October - 1 November 2018, Los Angeles, CA USA...
Winning Strategies for Preparing MEF 2017 Award Submissions
The MEF 2017 Awards program is open for entries until September 13, 2017. This prestigious program recognizes excellence in the Third Network and Carrier Ethernet community that creates innovative solutions optimized for the digital economy and hyper-connected world. This webinar will cover the 40 MEF award categories, important dates, how to use the awards submissions portal, and tips for writing concise, compelling submissions.Read more →
An Industry Initiative for Third Generation Network and Services
This paper describes an industry vision for the evolution and transformation of network connectivity services and the networks used to deliver them. The MEF refers to this vision as the “Third Network” where the Third Network combines the on-demand agility and ubiquity of the Internet with the performance and security assurances of today’s business grade networks (i.e.: Carrier Ethernet 2.0 and MPLS).Download the PDF →
Orlando, Florida USA, 13-16 November 2017
MEF announces that it will be hosting the MEF17 (www.MEF17.com) global networking event, 13-16 November 2017, at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in Orlando, Florida USA. With a target audience of 1,000+ attendees from 275+ companies and 35+ countries, MEF17 is the world’s premier networking opportunity for executives and other senior service and technology professionals who want to keep on top of the latest innovations that are reshaping the communications landscape.Read more →
Specifications published by MEF are intended for general distribution to the public and may be downloaded from this site and reproduced without charge.view all specifications →
Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO): Reference Architecture and Framework
LSO is an agile approach to streamlining and automating the service lifecycle in a sustainable fashion for coordinated management and control across all network domains responsible for delivering an end-to-end Connectivity Service (e.g., Carrier Ethernet, IP VPN, MPLS, etc.). This document describes a Reference Architecture and Framework for orchestrating the service lifecycle.
Interface Profile Specification – Service Configuration and Activation
This Interface Profile Specification specifies Legato Management Interface in support of MEF 6.2 Services and is a realization of relevant classes from MEF 7.3 Information Model. The LEGATO_SCA Interface is for use at a Service Orchestrator Function for interfacing with Business Applications as described in MEF LSO RA and process for Service Configuration & Activation.
Ethernet Ordering Technical Specification - Business Requirements and Use Cases
This document represents the cumulative work between MEF and ATIS Ordering and Billing Forum (OBF) to identify the common ordering attributes and processes needed to support inter-carrier Product Ordering of Ethernet Services worldwide. This document supports the requirements defined in the MEF Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) Reference Architecture and Framework (MEF 55, LSO RA) requirements for Ordering over the Sonata interface (Service Provider <-> Partner interactions).
Are You an MEF-CECP Candidate?
The MEF-CECP certification program is open to any telecommunications professional who wants to demonstrate his or her expertise, skills and knowledge of Carrier Ethernet technologies, standards, services and applications regardless of their company’s MEF membership status.
Top 7 Categories of MEF-CECPs
- Existing Carrier Ethernet service provider
- Existing Carrier Ethernet network equipment manufacturer, test Equipment manufacturer
- Local or regional service provider looking to enter the Ethernet Services and Carrier Ethernet community
- Network Software, BSS, OSS suppliers
- Independent network systems integrator, independent network or telecoms consultant
The MEF-CECP Exam
The MEF-CECP certification is awarded to any professional who obtains a score of 64% or higher on the exam. The 1 hour and 45 minute exam consists of 80 multiple choice questions, administered online. It covers Carrier Ethernet technology and MEF fundamentals in the following ten subject areas:
- Carrier Ethernet Service Definitions
- Transport Technologies
- Access Technologies
- Basic MEF Definitions
- UNI & ENNI; EVC & OVC Service Attributes
- MEF Certification Programs
- Applications for Carrier Ethernet
- Comparing Ethernet with other L2 and L3 Services
- Circuit Emulation Services
- Service OAM
The MEF-CECP is an on-line exam that can be taken upon completion of most MEF Accredited Training Provider (ATP) training sessions.
The MEF-CECP exam may also be taken on your home or work computer via the Internet in any country and at any time of the day (subject to availability). Additionally, the exam can be supervised by one of the MEF-ATPs following an approved training course.
Before attempting the MEF-CECP Exam candidates should have completed the following objectives:
- Access Services and be able to select a specific service to meet a given application scenario.
- Be able to describe how Service Operations, Administration and Maintenance (SOAM) techniques and tools for fault and performance management are used in Carrier Ethernet Networks.
- List the advantages of various Carrier Ethernet access technologies given a particular use case and articulate the benefits and limitations of specific access technologies.
- Know the precise definitions and application of UNI, EVC, OVC and ENNI in Carrier Ethernet networks and be able to describe the relationships between the MEF defined external interfaces and connections.
- Understand UNI, ENNI, EVC and OVC service attributes and be able to explain how they are used in combination to deliver an Ethernet service to meet a specific application requirement.
MEF-CECP Exam Registration Process
- Register on the Ethernet Academy web site (link below)
- Payment: The cost of the exam is $350 for the first attempt, and is payable by most major credit cards or via PayPal account.
- Schedule your online exam and proctoring
NOTE: If you are training with an MEF-ATP and taking the MEF-CECP exam immediately following your training, please consult with your MEF-ATP on their student exam registration process.
The link below will take you to the Ethernet Academy web site where registrations are made, managed, and tracked. This link handles single and group registrations.
What You Get as an MEF-CECP
MEF-CECPs are awarded with an official MEF certificate and are listed on the on-line directory of MEF Certified Professionals on the EthernetAcademy.net website. More importantly, you get industry-wide credibility, recognition and validation of your Carrier Ethernet knowledge, experience and competency!
The MEF's Professional Certification program identifies the industry's leading professionals and showcases expertise and excellence in technological knowledge and understanding of Carrier Ethernet service specifications and definitions.
The MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) Program
The MEF-CECP Program was created to recognize those same leadership qualities in the many people within those companies who design, sell, deploy and support Carrier Ethernet services and products their companies provide.
A team of recognized Carrier Ethernet industry leaders and leading subject matter experts developed the MEF-CECP to identify the Carrier Ethernet expertise within your organization. It is the industry’s first vendor-neutral certification program and demonstrates that the professionals who have passed this rigorous certification have acquired the key competency and skills to design, market, deploy and support Carrier Ethernet equipment, networks, and services that represent the next generation of telecommunications technology. ...
The MEF-CECP certification has become a vital component of an organization’s competitive profile and showcases a company’s commitment to providing the most qualified professionals in the Carrier Ethernet industry to back their products and services. Many companies are incorporating the MEF-CECP certification into their career development programs, and growing their organizations with new professionals who have already earned the MEF-CECP.
The MEF-CECP is a technical certification that recognizes the Carrier Ethernet expertise in professionals from a cross section of job functions including Product Management, Sales Engineering, Product Development, Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Product Support and Network Operations.
MEF-CECP Certification Benefits for Corporations
- Provide the necessary knowledge and skill base to seamlessly enter the Carrier Ethernet Community
- Increase productivity by enabling employees to use well-defined MEF terms to accurately describe and position their company’s service and equipment
- Reduce product development time and eliminate errors in translating required features specifications
- Increase revenue through improved communications on how product features deliver or enhance service and equipment
- Improve communication between internal organizational teams with a defined common language
- Instill employee confidence with an industry-respected accreditation that recognizes valuable Carrier Ethernet experience, knowledge and skill sets
- Attract and retain top talent
- Eliminate the need to learn 3rd party product details by focusing on industry-wide technology, terminology and concepts
The MEF's Fastest Growing Program
The five-fold increase in the number of MEF-CECPs in the last 24 months is a testimony to the success of Carrier Ethernet's record-setting growth.
5,474 MEF Certified Professionals
439 Employer Organizations in 84 Countries
MEF-CECP Certification Benefits for Individuals
- Increase opportunities for career advancement and increased earnings
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience and competency, validated through certification, to employers and the industry
- Join an elite set of professionals and thought leaders who have proven expertise in Carrier Ethernet
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development, and overall dedication to the industry
- Gain significant contacts through networking
- Demonstrate technical prowess leading to increased on-the-job performance
Page 2 of 2