Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) Activity Group
What We Do
We focus on enabling better interoperability of cutting-edge video conferencing systems that implement Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP).
Originally licensed by Cisco Systems, IMTC has taken full ownership of TIP for revision management to the specification. We strive to maximize interoperability between TIP adopters. In addition, IMTC has taken ownership of a TIP Library open source project, which will maintain a source code that can help accelerate TIP implementations to market.
- Update the TIP protocol specifications as required while updates to the TIP protocol specification must maintain reasonable backwards compatibility while including new use cases that may involve coexistence with some of its functionality standardized by SDOs over time.
- Oversee open source project management.
- Enable distribution of member’s TIP implementation profiles.
- Plans and facilitate interoperability testing at IMTC testing events.
We collaborate with the other IMTC AGs to accomplish these goals.
Companies who are ready to implement can use a TIP A royalty-free, click wrap protocol implementation license . A click wrap 90-day evaluation license is available for those who wish to review the documentation during their evaluation process.
- Private e-mail reflectors are used to ensure maximum confidentiality
- Conference calls for milestone update about contribution statuses and create and update TIP documentation.
- Face-to-face meetings when and if needed.
- Participation is limited to IMTC members in good standing.
IMTC forged professional alliances with several standards development organizations. Learn more
How to Join
The IMTC TIP AG encourages participation from any IMTC Member company with interest in Telepresence Interoperability.
We are proud to have the following leading organizations as participating companies:
Acme-Packet, AT&T, Cisco, Huawei, Lifesize, Polycom, Radvision and Vidyo.