The Proof of Concept Showcase at MEF17 will provide an opportunity for service providers and network and service orchestration technology providers to spotlight innovations that promise to advance the Third Network services & technology landscape.
MEF17’s program will build upon popular elements of last year’s event while introducing several new activities. Elements include: world-class Plenaries, Sessions, and MEF Workshops; a vibrant Networking Hall; the 6th LSO Hackathon; an enhanced Global Media Hub; UNITE Partner participation; and the new MEF Awards Party, Technology Executive Forum, and Training & Certification Workshop.
At the center of the MEF17 Networking Hall, the 4th Proof of Concept Showcase will provide an opportunity for service providers and network and service orchestration technology providers to spotlight innovations that promise to advance dynamic Third Network services and technology landscape.
- Team approaches are encouraged: service providers and network and service orchestration technology providers coming together to showcase the results that can be achieved when the innovators in our industry collaborate.
- Participation will be limited to a maximum of 18 demonstrations involving partnering groups or individual companies. A small panel will assess submissions, and up to 18 submissions will be selected.
For more details on MEF17 click here
The Showcase is an opportunity:
- To provide a preview of dynamic “Third Network” services as it impacts a target audience of more than 1,000 attendees from 275+ companies at MEF17. This includes professionals from retail, wholesale, cloud, and mobile service providers; data center providers; enterprises; government institutions; utilities; network solutions vendors; the press; investors; analyst firms; and other companies.
- To raise awareness and educate the Enterprise and Government communities about current state-of the-art Ethernet services and evolving dynamic connectivity services.
- To show your market leadership in network connectivity and service orchestration, and value-added services in all forms – today and tomorrow, during and after the event.
Showcase Topic Suggestions
The following are just a few of many possible ideas.
- Demonstrations of MEF Third Network characteristics of agile, assured, and orchestrated services.
- Demonstrations of the ‘readiness’ and implementation of MEF-defined LSO Architecture, Interfaces and APIs preferably based on an OpenLSO reference implementation.
- ‘North-South’ intra-provider APIs based on LSO Presto
- ‘East-West’ inter-provider APIs based on LSO Sonata
- Automated end-to-end service delivery over physical and/or SDN and NFV reference implementation demonstrating MEF’s OpenCS initiative such as Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, NFV, 5G, and other technology domains.Interactive, live demonstrations of Carrier Ethernet services utilizing LSO, NFV elements and/or SDN management, with connections to remote labs and live sites
- Ethernet Access services delivered and managed across multiple service provider domains monitored by VNF functionality deployed over vCPE, etc.
- Demonstrations that combine new dynamic, bandwidth-on-demand or performance-on-demand services with cloud-based applications.
- Other ideas that show collaboration, partnership, and innovation that will support the focus of MEF17.
MEF 2017 Award - Proof of Concept
The 2017 MEF Award for Proof of Concept recognizes the Third Network Proof of Concept demonstration that best showcases dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. These networks should be based on a combination of LSO, SDN, NFV, and/or Open Source software and Open Spec hardware technology solutions that support MEF-defined services, starting with CE 2.0 (and possibly evolving to support Layer 3 IP and above).
All PoC Showcase participants are eligible to compete for the MEF Award for Third Network Proof of Concept that recognizes the demonstration that best showcases dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. A panel of judges will review the participants’ demonstrations and score them on innovation, demonstration quality, and alignment with MEF’s work and vision.
Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals milestones
- Call for Proposal Opens: 18 April, 2017
- Final Deadline for Submissions: 30 June 2017. Early submissions are encouraged
- Proposal Acceptance Notification: July 21, 2017
- The cost for sponsor participation is solely to recover the costs of construction of the showcase area, a large screen theater area, supporting logistics, Internet connections, and other Showcase-related items.
- The cost will be $10,500 per participating group or individual organization.
- The MEF will subsidize the remaining costs of the Showcase. There is no additional sponsor fee required, but a minimum of Bronze Level sponsorship of MEF17 is needed for all participating vendors. This does not apply to Enterprise or Service Providers participating in a Vendor PoC.
For more information