In the economically pressured world of mobile networks, efficient growth of the backhaul infrastructure is critical to financially viable mobile operator and access provider networks.
The adoption of Ethernet for Mobile Backhaul has been accepted by the vast majority. CE 2.0 for Mobile Backhaul brings answers to the challenges associated with managing rapid backhaul data growth while scaling costs to new revenues.
Scope of MEF Mobile Backhaul Work
- CE 2.0 MEF Mobile Backhaul Implementation Agreement (Phase 2)
- Efficient deployment of 4G/LTE plus legacy migration use cases
- Small and Macro Cell implementation
- New MBH Multi-CoS best practices: 16 recommendations
- Packet & network-based synchronization
- Multi-CoS, Service mapping, Resiliency Performance
- Link & Service OAM, performance and fault monitoring
- Fixed/Mobile Backhaul convergence
Impact of MEF Mobile Backhaul Work
- CapEx savings, potential OpEx savings
- Savings for Operators with better bandwidth utilization and service quality
- Sustainable future for MBH