MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, standards associations, enterprises, universities and research organizations as part of the MEF community to accelerate the implementation and adoption of MEF 3.0 services, as well as expanding the ranks of knowledgeable MEF certified professionals with the skills to design, implement and deliver MEF 3.0 services.
Key elements of the MEF community include:
- 200+ MEF member companies, including leading service providers and technology vendors from all parts of the world, contributing the time and energy of their subject matter experts from all disciplines in driving MEF 3.0 standardization and implementation projects.
- Collaboration with industry associations and open source projects to accelerate the alignment between the various parts of the MEF 3.0 ecosystem, and to maximize the reuse of standards work and open source implementations.
- MEF 3.0 Implementation projects on MEFnet that document the unique collaborative implementation by MEF member companies of a range of aspects of MEF 3.0 services.
- MEF Developer Community that enables undergraduate, MSc and PhD students from universities around the world to participate in the development of critical and leading-edge technologies to accelerate the MEF 3.0 Implementation projects, and to contribute to collaborating open source projects.
- LSO Hackathons hosted by MEF that bring subject matter experts and developers from across the industry together for concentrated 1-2 day collaborative events to work on critical and leading edge technologies to accelerate the MEF 3.0 Implementation projects, and to contribute to collaborating open source projects.
- LSO API SDKs (Software Development Kits)
- MEF Enterprise Advisory Council
- Carrier Ethernet Certified Professionals (MEF-CECPs)
- Network Foundations Professionals (MEF-NF)