Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
Nashville Meeting Areas of Focus
- Plenary Session: Featuring an introduction to MEF 3.0, presentations and panels involving MEF leadership and global operators
- Opening Reception: Immediately following the plenary, join us for our welcome reception, a great opportunity to network!
- MEF Workshops: The Nashville workshops will feature all aspects of MEF 3.0, including services, LSO & Open APIs, open reference implementations, new certification programs, and an expanded MEF community
- Board of Directors Elections
- Committee Working Meetings: Progressing the numerous works of MEF including MEF 3.0 and more, with special emphasis on member engagement opportunities
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville
2100 West End Avenue
Nashville, Tennessee, 37203
MEF special rate of $229 USD + 15.25% + $2.50 tax is available until June 22, 2018 and includes wi-fi in your guest room. This rate is available three (3) days prior and post event subject to hotel availability. A deposit is not required, but all reservations require a credit card to hold the reservation. Reservations can be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival by 4PM CST without penalty. If cancelled after 4PM CST, a cancellation fee of one night's room and tax will apply.
Located only a mile from the famous honkey-tonks of Broadway and steps from the recording studios of music row, the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville is centrally located in the heart of Music City.
Temperatures in July average 85° F (30° C).
Book your Hotel here - or - call the hotel directly at +1 615 320 1700.
MEF 3.0 is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 services empower users with the dynamic performance and security required to thrive in the digital economy. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF 3.0 is comprised of four major elements:
Standardized, Orchestrated Services. The MEF 3.0 service family includes dynamic Carrier Ethernet, wavelength, IP, SD-WAN, Security-as-a-Service, and other virtualized services that will be orchestrated over programmable networks using LSO APIs. MEF 3.0 CE R1 is the first release within the MEF 3.0 framework.
Open LSO APIs. MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable orchestration of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.). MEF recently announced the first experimental releases of two LSO SDKs (software development kits) that feature inter-provider APIs for address validation, serviceability, and ordering and an intra-provider API for network resource provisioning.
Service and Technology Certifications. MEF is increasing the agility of its popular certification programs to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 certified services and technologies. MEF 3.0 certification is delivered by MEF’s testing partner, Iometrix, using an advanced cloud-based virtualized test platform that empowers subscribing companies to certify that their services and technologies comply with the latest MEF 3.0 standards.
Expanded Community Collaboration. MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, standards associations, and enterprises to realize a shared vision of dynamic services orchestrated across automated networks. MEF has created a new compute, storage, and networking platform – MEFnet – that enables development, testing, integration, and showcasing of prototype MEF 3.0 implementations using open source and commercial products. MEFnet projects will help accelerate the understanding and adoption of MEF 3.0, as well as provide immediate feedback for standards development within MEF.
Please see recent MEF 3.0 videos below that include numerous industry perspectives on our exciting work:
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Accessing Meeting Materials
Sponsoring MEF Meetings
Interested in Sponsoring a MEF meeting? Please see: Members Meeting Sponsorships