Introduction to the APAC Special Members Meeting & APAC LSO Hackathon
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
A Singapore agenda introducing MEF 3.0 to APAC
- 29 Jan, Extended Plenary Session: Featuring an introduction to MEF 3.0, presentations and panels involving MEF leadership, global operators, APAC members and industry analysts
- 29 Jan, Opening Reception: Immediately following the plenary, join us for our welcome reception, a great opportunity to network!
- 30 Jan, MEF Workshops: Replicating the MEF17 workshops with hundreds of attendees, the Singapore workshops will feature all aspects of MEF 3.0, including services, LSO & Open APIs, open reference implementations, new certification programs and an expanded MEF community
- 30 Jan - 1 Feb, First Ever MEF APAC LSO Hackathon: Enables Open Source community developers, networking experts and technology vendors to collaborate and develop solutions based on MEF work. More information on the APAC LSO Hackathon can be found here.
- 30 Jan - 2 Feb, Committee Working Meetings: Progressing the numerous works of MEF including MEF 3.0 and more, with special emphasis on APAC member engagement opportunities. The new Applications Committee formed in October, will hold its first formal meeting.
On November 14 at MEF17, MEF announced the MEF 3.0 Transformational Global Services Framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 services empower users with the dynamic performance and security required to thrive in the digital economy. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF 3.0 is comprised of four major elements:
Standardized, Orchestrated Services. The MEF 3.0 service family includes dynamic Carrier Ethernet, wavelength, IP, SD-WAN, Security-as-a-Service, and other virtualized services that will be orchestrated over programmable networks using LSO APIs. MEF 3.0 CE R1 is the first release within the MEF 3.0 framework.
Open LSO APIs. MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable orchestration of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.). MEF recently announced the first experimental releases of two LSO SDKs (software development kits) that feature inter-provider APIs for address validation, serviceability, and ordering and an intra-provider API for network resource provisioning.
Service and Technology Certifications. MEF is increasing the agility of its popular certification programs to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 certified services and technologies. MEF 3.0 certification is delivered by MEF’s testing partner, Iometrix, using an advanced cloud-based virtualized test platform that empowers subscribing companies to certify that their services and technologies comply with the latest MEF 3.0 standards.
Expanded Community Collaboration. MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, standards associations, and enterprises to realize a shared vision of dynamic services orchestrated across automated networks. MEF has created a new compute, storage, and networking platform – MEFnet – that enables development, testing, integration, and showcasing of prototype MEF 3.0 implementations using open source and commercial products. MEFnet projects will help accelerate the understanding and adoption of MEF 3.0, as well as provide immediate feedback for standards development within MEF.
10 Scotts Road
The Grand Hyatt is located in the heart of the world-renowned area of Orchard Road, the city's shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a 25-minute taxi from the airport. Singapore has a lush tropical climate year-round of 90F (32C).
Book your Hotel here - or - call the hotel directly at +65 6738 1234.
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Accessing Meeting Materials
Sponsoring MEF Meetings
Interested in Sponsoring a MEF meeting? Please see: Members Meeting Sponsorships
Next MEF Quarterly Meeting
Save the Date Athens!: Q2 Quarterly Members Meeting & Euro18 LSO Hackathon April 23-26, 2018. Click here for details
Upcoming Members Meetings
- Q2 2018 Members Meeting & Euro18 LSO Hackathon: April 23-26, 2018, Athens, Greece
- Q3 2018 Annual Meeting: July 23-26, 2018, Nashville, TN
- MEF18: Oct 29 - Nov 1, 2018 combined with MEF Q4 Members Meeting Nov 1-2, Los Angeles, CA