Our next Quarterly Members Meeting will be held in Frankfurt, Germany on April 24-27, 2017.
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform our members of active work taking place across 40+ projects currently underway
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and SDOs
Backdrop to the Frankfurt Meeting
Coming out of the MEF Members Meeting in Los Angeles we have more than 40 ongoing initiatives to advance the development of Third Network services, including on-demand services that are orchestrated across multiple provider networks. Our Vision & Strategy gains strong support from a broad range of industry players, including many of the world's largest service providers, technology vendors, open source projects, standards organizations, and others who are collaborating with MEF to accelerate the industry transition.
Third Network Services
MEF is focused on driving the development of agile, assured, and orchestrated Third Network services for the digital economy & the hyper-connected world.
Third Network services:
- Combine the agility & ubiquity of the Internet with the assurance & security of CE 2.0
- Provide an on-demand experience with user-directed control over service capabilities & cloud connectivity
- Are delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks powered by LSO, SDN, NFV, and CE 2.0
MEF Focus & Major Work Areas:
- Third Network services - including orchestrated Layer 1-3 connectivity services (e.g., wavelengths, CE 2.0, and IP) and orchestrated Layer 4-7 cloud services (e.g., NFV-based virtual security, etc.).
- LSO & open APIs - enabling orchestration across multiple provider networks and multiple technology domains (Packet WAN, Optical Transport, 5G, etc.) within provider networks.
- Open Initiatives & Reference Implementations - OpenLSO, OpenCS, LSO Hackathon, UNITE, MEFnet, MEF Software Developer Community.
- Certification programs for services, equipment, professionals - transitioning to an “orchestrated services” certification program and aligning equipment and professional certification programs with that.
For the summary agenda of the upcoming MEF Frankfurt Quarterly Meeting please click here.
For highlights from the recent MEF Los Angeles Quarterly Meeting, please refer to the:
Save the Date! for the MEF Annual Members Meeting held on July 24-27 in Toronto, Canada and the MEF17 (MEF17.com) global networking event that will be held on 13-16 November in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Meeting Venue Information:
The Q2 2017 Members Meeting will be held at the Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany.
The Westin Grand Hotel in Frankfurt is situated in the midst of the city's most popular sights and shopping, many within walking distance and not far from the central station. Thanks to the hotel's central location, many places in Frankfurt are easily reached. The Zeil, the most famous shopping mile in the city center of Frankfurt, as well as the Goethestraße, with its exclusive boutiques from top labels around the world, are both just a short walk from the hotel. The opera house, the museum embankment, the very popular Römer city hall and the stunning Alte Oper concert hall are all within walking distance. The central hub of the public transport system, Konstablerwache, can be found in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. This is where all important metro (U-Bahn) and city train (S-Bahn) lines stop, as well as the tram. The hotel is a mere 15-minute drive from the airport.Hotel Reservations:
Westin Grand Hotel
Main: +49 69 29810 www.westingrandfrankfurt.com
Deadline for hotel reservations is April 5th, 2017
Book your Hotel: Click Here - or - call the hotel directly at +49 69 29810
MEF special rate of 199 Euro / $214 USD plus tax includes breakfast daily in the restaurant and wi-fi in your guest room. This rate is available three (3) days prior and post event subject to availability. All reservations require a credit card. Cancellations can be made up to 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty or charges. In the event of a cancellation or no-show you will be charged one night's fee of USD $214+ tax.
Members Meeting Sponsorship Opportunities
Upcoming Members Meetings
- Q3 2017 Annual Meeting: July 24-27, 2017, Toronto, Ontario
- Q4 2017 Members Meeting: October 23-26, 2017, Raleigh, NC
- MEF17: November 13-16, 2017, Orlando, FL
- Q1 2018 Members Meeting: Jan 29-Feb 1, 2018
- Q2 2018 Members Meeting: April 23-26, 2018
- Q3 2018 Annual Meeting: July 23-26, 2018
- Q4 2018 Members Meeting: Oct 22-25, 2018
- MEF18: TBD 1st or 2nd week in November