The 5th annual Proof of Concept (PoC) Showcase will feature live service & technology demonstrations involving dozens of companies. The PoCs will provide you valuable insight into how agile, assured, and orchestrated services can be delivered across automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks. The Showcase will include two types of PoC demonstrations: those proposed specifically for MEF18 and, for the first time, demonstrations of MEF 3.0 Implementations that are in constant development by MEF members.
Many of the PoC demonstrations will highlight how service providers can implement different aspects of MEF 3.0 services – such as automated fulfillment & activation, service assurance, etc – using published and draft specifications and concepts from MEF, as well as other industry organizations and open source projects. This includes demonstration of MEF 3.0 concepts related to emerging standardized, orchestrated services and open LSO APIs that enable orchestration across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc).
Leadership & PoC Award Opportunities for MEF18 Sponsors
The Proof of Concept Showcase is an opportunity for MEF18 sponsors to:
- Demonstrate market leadership in current and future network services, value-added service features, or advanced networking technologies.
- Compete for the MEF18 PoC Awards. Judged by leading industry analysts, the PoC Awards recognize the PoCs that best showcase agile, assured, and orchestrated services delivered across a global ecosystem of automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks.
Call for Proposals & Important Deadlines
- Call for Proposal Opens: 17 April 2018
- Submission Deadline: 29 June 2018
- Proof of Concept Showcase Participants Announced: 24 July 2018
- Proof of Concept Awards Announced at MEF18: 31 October 2018
Questions & information:
Showcase Topic Suggestions
- Demonstrations of MEF 3.0 characteristics of agile, assured, and orchestrated services across multiple provider networks and/or multiple technology domains.
- Use of LSO principles and APIs to deliver connectivity services across multiple implementations of different SD-WAN vendors.
- Demonstration of the integration of 5G front haul and network slicing in end-to-end connectivity services using LSO principles and APIs.
- Demonstration of service assurance based on Big Data Analytics service telemetry principles.
- Demonstration of Security as a Service (SECaaS) as an overlay to SD-WAN and other MEF 3.0-type services.
- Demonstrations of the readiness and implementations of open LSO APIs based on the LSO Reference Architecture (MEF 55).
- Automated end-to-end service delivery over physical and/or SDN and NFV reference implementations demonstrating MEF’s initiatives.
- Interactive, live demonstrations of Carrier Ethernet services utilizing LSO, NFV elements, and/or SDN management, with connections to remote labs and live sites.
- Ethernet Access services delivered and managed across multiple service provider domains monitored by vNID functionality, etc.
- Demonstrations that combine new dynamic, bandwidth-on-demand or performance-on-demand services with cloud-based applications.
- Other ideas that show collaboration, partnership, and innovation designed to accelerate the deployment of MEF 3.0 services.