The MEF Distinguished Fellow Award is given each year to an exceptional individual who has, over time, provided a major contribution to the development, adoption and impact of MEF’s works and has contributed significantly to the transformation of the organization from its carrier ethernet origins to the now broader and very ambitious mission of MEF. Submissions for the 2021 Distinguished Fellow Award open 18 November 2021.
The Award uses a member-nomination process where any MEF member is eligible for nomination. The nominations are reviewed by a Nomination Committee composed of one committee co-chair from each committee, one representative for each nominee, and one MEF Board representative. This committee makes a recommendation for the award recipient to the MEF President, who in turn, makes a Distinguished Fellow Award recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- Qualification: Current MEF members
- Submission Open: 18 November
- Any MEF member can submit a nomination.
- Email a 500-word (max) narrative to Alysia Bennett (Alysia@mef.net), stating why the individual deserves this award.
- Submission Deadline: 15 December