Executives of Leading Global Service Providers Round Out MEF’s Board of Directors
World-class team committed to MEF Mission – accelerate worldwide adoption of Assured Services across Automated Networks with MEF 3.0
Los Angeles, 30 July 2018 – MEF is pleased to announce the results of the 2018-2019 Board of Directors elections at the MEF Annual Members Meeting in Nashville. MEF’s new Board includes an experienced team of service and technology provider executives and creative minds focusing on the MEF Mission – accelerate worldwide adoption of Assured Services across Automated Networks with MEF 3.0.
The broad geographic representation of major service providers on the Board directly reflects MEF’s transformational influence on communication services across the globe.
MEF Board of Directors and Advisory Director
- Nan Chen, Executive Vice Chairman, CENX
- Frederick Chui, Senior Vice President, Global Data Sales and Presales, PCCW Global
- Shawn Hakl, Senior Vice President Business Products, Verizon
- Aamir Hussain, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, CenturyLink
- Scott Mansfield, Standardization Researcher, Networks,Ericsson
- Kevin O’Toole, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Comcast Business
- Roman Pacewicz, Chief Product Officer, AT&T Business
- Ralph Santitoro, Head of SDN/NFV/SD-WAN Services, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Michael Strople, President Allstream, Managing Director – Canada, Zayo Group
- Mirko Voltolini, Global Head of Network on Demand, Colt Technology Services
- Rami Yaron, Senior Director SDN/NFV Solutions, NEC/Netcracker
- Jean-Claude Geha, SVP of International Services and Technology, Deutsche Telekom (Advisory Director)
- Nan Chen, President
- Mike Strople, Chairman
- Shawn Hakl, Treasurer
- Scott Mansfield, Secretary
- Kevin Vachon, Chief Operating Officer
- Pascal Menezes, Chief Technology Officer
- Dan Pitt, Senior Vice President
“MEF is pleased to welcome such a powerful group of world-class executives and creative minds to the MEF board. They represent many of the industry’s most prominent business, technology, and thought leaders,” said Nan Chen, President, MEF. “They will bring unique insights and capabilities to advance our Mission – accelerate worldwide adoption of Assured Services across Automated Networks with MEF 3.0.”
The new Board of Directors will continue to focus on expanding MEF’s ecosystem of service providers, technology vendors, and other companies that are committed to building a global ecosystem of automated networks that power MEF 3.0 services. Together with the broader MEF Community, the Board is advancing a rigorous roadmap that will enable services that provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
An industry association of 200+ member companies, MEF recently introduced the MEF 3.0 transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying assured services orchestrated across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 services are designed to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities. MEF 3.0 services are delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks powered by LSO, SDN, and NFV. MEF produces service specifications, LSO frameworks, open LSO APIs, software-driven reference implementations, and certification programs. MEF 3.0 work will enable automated delivery of standardized Carrier Ethernet, Optical Transport, IP, SD-WAN, and Layer 4-7 services across multiple provider networks. For more information: https://www.mef.net.
Witz Communications for MEF