MEF 23.2 Class of Service Phase 3 Implementation Agreement
This Implementation Agreement formalizes the CoS Name and defines three specific CoS Names called Class of Service Labels (CoS Labels)
In order to provide differentiated levels of service, it is necessary to classify incoming frames to a service level either based on context (e.g., which EVC or OVC) or content (i.e, the contents of a specific field within the frame).
MEF10.3 and MEF26.2 provide attributes for associating each ingress frame with a Class of Service Name (CoS Name) for this purpose. Those specifications also provide attributes for associating each ingress frame with a color.
This Implementation Agreement formalizes the CoS Name and defines three specific CoS Names called Class of Service Labels (CoS Labels).
For frames associated with a CoS Label, this IA provides:
- values for fields containing the CoS identifier
- values for fields containing the frame color
- definition of Performance Tiers. Performance Tiers provide a way to define sets of performance objectives based on inherent characteristics of the service (primarily geographic span).
- specific performance objectives. Required values for performance objectives are specified in this document for service with a Class of Service identified by one of the MEF CoS Labels.
- requirements associated with bandwidth profile applicability to frames associated with the CoS Labels.
This IA also provides guidelines for CoS Names, in general, in terms of how the performance objectives for OVCs are composed into performance objectives for EVCs.
Standards published by MEF are intended for general distribution to the public and may be downloaded from this site and reproduced without charge. Any reproduction of MEF documents shall contain the following statement: "Reproduced with permission of MEF Forum." All rights granted to MEF under applicable copyright laws are expressly reserved. No permission is granted to any recipient or user of MEF publications to modify any of the information contained therein and MEF disclaims all responsibility and liability for such modifications.