SIP Interconnect AG
SIP Interconnect Activity Group
The IMTC SIP Interconnect Activity Group provides a forum for IMTC member companies to cooperate and pool resources on issues and extensions to SIP based enterprise communication applications. With its best practices documents providing a shared foundation, the group identifies and tackles challenges and opportunities with interoperability, operation, and integration of SIP based applications with emerging communication and networking technologies.
What We Do
The main activities of the group are to:
- Organize interoperability test efforts (both virtual and face-to-face). This are done in cooperation and coordination with WebRTC, MANE, SSV, and UC SDN activity groups and with SIPit
- Provide a forum for members to agree on an overall SIP profile for communication applications, particularly where it involves interconnecting with other application and network technologies (e.g. WebRTC, SDN, IPv6)
- Educate members on recent developments in SIP standards and market evolution
The IMTC collaborates and has liaison relationships with several standards development organizations – ECMA, IETF (ART area and SIPCORE working group), ITU (SG 16), and SIP Forum. Learn about the liaison activities this group is maintaining with external organizations.
How to Join
Acano, Avaya, Bluejeans, Cisco, Huawei, Intel, Lifesize, Pexip, Polycom, Sonus, Sorenson, Spirent, Vidyo.
- SIP Video Profile – Bandwidth, Flow Control, and I-Frame Request
- Role Base Video – Content sharing via BFCP over UDP
- SIP Security and Encryption – TLS and SRTP