MEF 3.0 certification enables communication service and technology providers to validate that their solutions comply with the highest industry standards for performance, assurance, and agility.
MEF 3.0 Certification Validates Performance Excellence
MEF's service and technology certification programs are designed to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 solutions that address the most demanding networking needs of the digital economy. Customers who purchase MEF 3.0 certified solutions have the comfort of knowing that they have met the highest levels of performance established by MEF - the world's defining authority for standardized network services.
MEF 3.0 certification currently is available for the full suite of orchestration-ready MEF 3.0 CE services and the technologies used to support them.
MEF has now opened its MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata certification program for member participation and plans to open its MEF 3.0 SD-WAN service certification for participation in 2H 2019.
MEF 3.0 certification also will be extended in the future to include Optical Transport, IP, and Security services, along with additional LSO APIs used for inter-provider and intra-provider service orchestration.
MEF 3.0 CE Certification
MEF 3.0 CE certification is the third generation of MEF's globally recognized certification program for Carrier Ethernet services and technologies, superseding the popular CE 2.0 and CE 1.0 programs which have been phased out.
MEF 3.0 CE certification is available across the complete MEF 3.0 CE service portfolio that includes subscriber services (E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree) and operator services (Access E-Line, Access E-LAN, Transit E-Line, and Transit E-LAN).
The MEF 3.0 CE Certification Blueprint specifies the service attributes and parameters to be verified during MEF 3.0 CE certification testing.
MEF 3.0 CE certification is delivered through MEF’s testing partner, Iometrix, on an on-demand cloud-based virtual test platform that empowers companies to certify that their solutions comply with the latest releases of MEF 3.0 CE standards.
Key steps in the MEF 3.0 CE certification process include:
2. Test - Access the portal, enter service parameters, and launch tests.
3. Validate - Submit test results for validation and receive certification and a related report.
MEF 3.0 SD-WAN Certification - Pilot Program (Now Open to Applicants)
MEF is on track to officially release its groundbreaking SD-WAN Attributes and Service Definition standard (MEF 70) in mid-July 2019. Currently available here in final draft form, this new SD-WAN standard will enable ecosystem stakeholders to use the same terminology when buying, selling, assessing, deploying, and delivering SD-WAN services.
In 2H 2019, MEF plans to launch a pilot MEF 3.0 SD-WAN certification program that will enable both service and technology suppliers to validate that their solutions comply with MEF 70 - the industry's first and only global standard for SD-WAN services.
MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata Certification - Pilot Program (Now Open for Participation)
MEF's pilot MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata certification program for inter-provider service automation is now open for participation by MEF member companies.
Dozens of service providers are supporting development and implementation of LSO Sonata APIs with the goal of driving frictionless inter-provider business processes and faster service delivery. This certification program is a critical component of MEF’s strategy to ensure worldwide adoption of APIs for serviceability (address validation, site queries, and product offering qualification), product inventory, quoting, ordering, trouble ticketing, contracts, and billing as they become available. Certification will enable buyers and sellers of wholesale MEF 3.0 services to validate that their APIs used for inter-provider business transactions comply with MEF standards.
The pilot MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata certification initially will focus on automating ordering of MEF 3.0 Carrier Ethernet Access E-Line services. Conducted in concert with MEF testing partner Iometrix, the program involves three major steps associated with published MEF 3.0 CE and LSO Sonata standards:
1. Certify MEF 3.0 CE Access E-Line Service. Service providers validate compliance with MEF 3.0 CE Access E-Line service standards as described in the MEF 3.0 CE Certification Blueprint.
2. Develop MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata Ordering API. The API test platform helps companies optimize development of the LSO Sonata Ordering API based on Ethernet Ordering Technical Standard: Business Requirements and Use Cases (MEF 57.1) and the upcoming LSO Sonata SDK Release 3. The platform provides a structure within which API developers can develop code covering various use cases in an optimal manner and pre-validate their code at every step of development.
3. Certify MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata Ordering API. The final stage of certification validates conformity of the LSO Sonata Ordering API to the MEF LSO Sonata Certification Test Requirements (MEF 92) working draft on the MEF wiki, which together with the MEF 3.0 CE Access E-Line service certification provides a fully compliant orchestrated service ready to interact with partners across the globe.
Benefits of MEF 3.0 Certification
MEF 3.0 certification benefits include:
- MEF’s certification brand and logo prove quality and value to customers.
- Presence on MEF's Certification Registry provides global visibility for certified services and products.
- On-demand testing supports agile DevOps for MEF 3.0 service and LSO API development.
- Testing can be used to harden the services and products during the development phase.
- Faster pre-production testing helps accelerate service and product time-to-market.
- Certification reduces testing requirements and associated costs when connecting with each Tier 1 service providers for wholesale transactions.
Member Resources (Login Required)