Introduction to the APAC Special Members Meeting & APAC LSO Hackathon
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
Singapore will employ an agenda especially tailored to the needs of the APAC region
- Day 1 Extended Plenary Session: Presentations and panels involving MEF leadership, global operators, APAC members and industry analysts
- Opening Reception: Immediately following the plenary, join us for our welcome reception, a great opportunity to network with your industry peers!
- Day 2 MEF Workshops: MEF services, LSO & Open APIs, open reference implementations, new certification programs
- Day 2–4 Committee Working Meetings: Progressing the numerous works of MEF, with special emphasis on APAC member engagement
- Day 2–4 First Ever MEF APAC LSO Hackathon: Enables Open Source community developers, networking experts and technology vendors to collaborate and develop solutions based on MEF work. Click here to register for the APAC LSO Hackathon
MEF's Major Work Areas
- Applications – A new Applications Committee commenced work at the Raleigh meeting. See the MEF Organizational & Acquisition Announcement.
- MEF Services – including orchestrated Layer 1-3 connectivity services (e.g., wavelengths, CE 2.0, and IP), SD-WAN managed services, and Layer 4-7 services (NFV-based virtualized security).
- LSO & open standardized APIs – enabling service orchestration across multiple provider networks and multiple technology domains within provider networks (Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G).
- Software-driven reference implementations – OpenLSO, OpenCS, LSO Hackathon, UNITE, MEFnet, MEF Software Developer Community.
- Certification programs for services, equipment, professionals – transitioning to an “orchestrated services” certification program and aligning equipment and professional certification programs with that.
Save the Date Athens!: Q2 Quarterly Members Meeting & Euro18 LSO Hackathon held on April 23-26, 2018. Click here for details.
Welcome to Singapore
The APAC Special Members Meeting will be held at the Grand Hyatt, Singapore.
Singapore Grand Hyatt
10 Scotts Road
Main: +65 6738 1234
MEF special rate of 340 SGD ($252 USD) includes full buffet breakfast & wi-fi.
The Grand Hyatt is located in the heart of the world-renowned area of Orchard Road, the city's shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a 25-minute taxi from the airport. Singapore has a lush tropical climate year-round of 90F (32C).
Hotel Registration Link Coming Soon!
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Accessing Meeting Materials
Upcoming Members Meetings
- Q2 2018 Members Meeting & Euro18 LSO Hackathon: April 23-26, 2018, Athens, Greece
- Q3 2018 Annual Meeting: July 23-26, 2018, Nashville, TN
- MEF18: Oct 29-Nov 1, 2018, Los Angeles, CA
- Q4 2018 Members Meeting: Nov 1-2, 2018, Los Angeles, CA