Join us in Los Angeles, California for the 2018 Q4 Members Meeting to be held on Wednesday, October 31 - Friday, November 2 at MEF18, the premier networking event for senior professionals who are driving industry innovation!
Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
To accommodate integration within MEF18, a condensed format for the members meeting, focused on progressing all aspects of MEF 3.0, has been introduced with minimal overlap with the MEF18 main conference agenda:
- The MEF18 main conference runs from 8:30 AM Monday, October 29 through 5:30 PM, Wednesday October 31
- Selected committee project editing sessions commence after the MEF18 lunch on Wednesday October 31, with all-day committee/other streams running Thursday November 1 and Friday November 2.
- Tracks include: Applications, Certification, LSO, Marketing & Education, and MEF 3.0 Implementation Projects and Services
Attend the Q4 Members Meeting and MEF18!
Attending MEF18 in addition to the Q4 meeting provides an excellent opportunity to maximize your week in Los Angeles. Highlights include:
- 1000+ attendees, 275 companies, 35 countries
- 120+ service & technology expert speakers
- 20 live Proof of Concept demonstrations
- MEF 3.0 Workshops
- High-quality program content
- 2018 MEF Awards Dinner
- MEF ProCERT Exam Preparation Courses
- & More…
MEF 3.0 is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF 3.0 is comprised of four major elements:
Standardized, Orchestrated Services. is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
LSO APIs. MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable orchestration of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.).
Service and Technology Certifications. MEF is increasing the agility of its popular certification programs to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 certified services.
Expanded Community Collaboration. MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, certified professionals, standards associations, universities and enterprises to realize a shared vision of dynamic services orchestrated across automated networks.
MEF has created a new compute, storage, and networking platform – MEFnet – that enables development, testing, integration, and showcasing of MEF 3.0 implementations using open source and commercial products. MEF 3.0 implementation projects will help accelerate the understanding and adoption of MEF 3.0, as well as provide immediate feedback for standards development within MEF.
MEF 3.0 videos include numerous industry perspectives on our exciting work:
Q4 Meeting & Registration Information
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Important: Remote registration is required to participate.
JW Marriott LA LIVE
900 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90015
- The MEF Discounted Rate of $239 per night is no longer available. The current rate at the JW Marriott LA Live is $305 per night. Recommended nearby hotels are Residence Inn LA Live ($249 per night) and Courtyard Marriott LA Live ($249 per night).
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms will be extended to members of Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards, you may enroll ahead of time or at check-in
- All reservations require a credit card to hold the reservation
- You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 72 hours prior to your arrival date
- The hotel will charge one night’s fee if you cancel after 72 hours prior to arrival
The JW Marriott LA LIVE is within steps of an electrifying entertainment district in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, featuring dynamic dining at world-class restaurants and a vibrant nightlife scene. Temperatures in November average 62F (17C).
JW Marriott On-line Reservations here or call the hotel directly: +1 213.765.8600
Other Meeting Information
Sponsoring MEF Meetings: Interested in Sponsoring a meeting? Members Meeting Sponsorships