The MEF Certification Program enables service providers to certify that their Carrier Ethernet services comply with the relevant MEF specifications.
The program has been a significant contribution to the successful worldwide deployment of Carrier Ethernet worldwide with more than 200 certified service products deployed by more than 70 service providers using around 500 certified products from 80 equipment manufacturers.
Details of all current service certifications and providers are available in the MEF Certification Registry.
Available CE 2.0 Certifications
- Introduced in 2012, CE 2.0 certification represents a significant test of functionality and is driven by the rapidly growing market demand for CE 2.0 services. The CE 2.0 certification testing is the result of rigorous testing by a third party MEF-approved test lab using 634 test cases derived from the MEF specifications. CE 2.0 certification testing replaces many months, or even years, of expert internal test development for the 5 CE 2.0 service types – E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, E-Access and E-Transit.
Impact of Services Certification
- Brings CE 2.0 benefits to market much faster with higher quality and at lower cost
- Accelerates deployment by creating a standardized, trusted baseline
- The 634 test cases replace many months or even years of test development
- CE 2.0 in RFPs prequalifies and speeds vendor selection
- Creates proper recognition, differentiation for companies offering advanced CE 2.0 services and products
- Greatly accelerates time-to business
- Fast track to joining the Carrier Ethernet community and realizing profitable new revenue from existing footprint
- Reduces implementation risk and speeds procurement
CE 2.0 services certification was defined and approved by the MEF member companies over a period of several years, and the MEF Board of Directors is responsible for approving the third party test lab (Iometrix) to carry out CE 2.0 certification and testing. The MEF Certification Committee develops and promotes the MEF Certification program strategy. However, the MEF is not party to the commercial or testing aspects of the testing which are agreed directly between the service provider and the third party approved test lab.
When a CE 2.0 service certification is successfully achieved for the first time, the service provider is subsequently referred to as a CE 2.0 Service Provider and is provided with a customizable CE 2.0 Service Provider Marketing Kit which includes:- a CE 2.0 certificate; CE 2.0 Test Report; customizable presentations and a comprehensive CE 2.0 Press Kit. CE 2.0 Service Providers and their CE 2.0 services are entered into the MEF Certification Registry.
- MEF Services Certification Overview
- MEF Services Interconnect (MEF-SI)
- MEF Services Certification Registry
Member Resources (Login Required)