Posted on Reading Time: 2 minuteson
The MEF 3.0 Proof of Concept Program encourages MEF members to collaborate to demonstrate use cases around current and developing MEF service standards. Our Q1 2021 showcase featured 18 companies, partnering in seven Proof of Concept (PoC) demonstrations, over seven days.
MEF 3.0 Proof of Concept Showcase Awards recognize leadership and innovation in support of the MEF 3.0 Global Services Framework and the broader industry, as judged by industry-leading analysts.
MEF 3.0 PoC Showcase Q1 2021 Award Winners
Congratulations to our award winners and thank you to all the PoC participants!
Most innovative use of MEF standards, LSO API releases, and other artifacts—published or in development:
E2E Slicing for Extreme Services (PoC 138)
NTT, NTT Communications, and Okinawa Open Laboratory
Business Impact Award
Most significant potential impact on the service provider’s business:
Remote Employee Access to Cloud (PoC 106)
Amartus, Nefeli Networks, Sparkle, and Versa Networks
Market Game Changer Award
Largest potential impact on the service provider’s market, such as enabling a new market or use case:
Orchestrated Multi-Edge Clouds (PoC 131)
ADVA, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Netcracker, and NTT Communications
Edge for Vertical Award
Clearest demonstration of the use of the Edge for a specific industry vertical:
SD-WAN & 5G with Network Slicing (PoC 133)
AT&T Business, Ericsson, and VMware
Judge’s Choice Award
Best presented PoC, both in the showcase itself and its digital presence before and after:
Revolutionizing Live Events (PoC 132)
Spectrum Enterprise, ADVA, Equinix, and Juniper Networks
Innovative Use Cases
The PoCs demonstrated how MEF 3.0-based network slicing, 5G, LSO orchestration, SD-WAN, and SASE can be leveraged to transform user experiences, including:
- The use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technology to transform sports video content into an immersive, personalized live experience.
- Creation of a cashier-less automated retail checkout solution based on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in the telco edge.
- Multi-edge cloud orchestration with dynamic workload placement and optimization.
- Support for extreme services like jitterless robotic communications, ultra-capacity storage data transfer, xHaul transport, and a specific real-world safety and security application using face and fish recognition.
- Secure application access for remote workers based on SASE and SD-WAN.
- Automation of the configuration interface between Kubernetes-based applications and managed SD-WAN services.
Read the official press release: MEF PoC Showcase Award Winners
The Q1 2021 MEF PoC Showcase presentations are still available for viewing: Watch On Demand
About MEF’s PoC Program & Showcase
The MEF 3.0 Proof of Concept program effectively fosters innovation, seeds new MEF standards and projects, and accelerates our existing work within the ICT industry by providing our members—including service providers, technology suppliers, and other stakeholders within the ICT industry—the opportunity to collaborate on MEF 3.0-based use cases throughout the year.
Initiated by MEF members and facilitated by MEF staff, each MEF 3.0 PoC receives a unique, identifying number that remains unchanged as its title and messaging evolves over the life of the project.
PoC work is highlighted in public showcases and award presentations that explore individual Proofs of Concept. Learn more about these enabling technologies and the MEF 3.0 PoC Program.